Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cooking with Gas



"Tortilla Week" continues at mi casa. I wanted to make a sweet dish, and this morning was cool enough for oven use, so I moved forward on my idea: cinnamon and sugar chips.


It's very simple: some sugar and cinnamon mixed together and sprinkled over the slices cut into chip size, coated with cooking spray in a 375° oven.


After 10 minutes, out popped toasty goodness. Nothing smells better in the morning than the warm scent of cinnamon and sugar.


Six tortillas makes a bunch of chips, so I baked them in two batches. No problem! I ate the first round of chips while waiting for the second ones to cook.


After cooling for a couple of minutes, they finish crisping completely. At this point the chips are ready for container storage, not that my chips made it that far.


I went heavier on the cinnamon and sugar for the second batch. 
They came out baked to golden perfection. Buenos Dias!