Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Magic of Zamfir

Have you ever seen something on t.v. that you thought was a comedy skit, when in reality, it was a sincere effort? That's the high and grand feeling me and my brothers felt as kids, when we realized that Zamfir was a genuine person, and not an actor. How can this be? Sometimes it was more humor than we could absorb, because we laughed until our sides hurt. Observe:


Years later, it's still that funny. It set me off into a fit of giggles anew when I rediscovered it, especially remembering all the requisite "skin flute" jokes that we had to tell each other, whenever it aired. As I took a video trip down memory lane, I was delighted to find that a particularly ardent fan has made the ultimate tribute to the magical effects of Zamfir and his classic commercial:


It's Wednesday silliness! 
 Have a laugh with me.