Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fat Cats

People of my acquaintance know that I am a huge pet person. I have been the proud owner of various choice, quality snow dogs. However, there's an exception to my "Dogs Only" rule, and that is a portly kitty. A former co-worker, who is an insanely over-the-top rescue volunteer for a specific breed of terrier, took umbrage when I expressed my affection for the fat cat, as the exemption to my snow dog policy. 

Yes, I am aware that said cat in question is perhaps unhealthily obese, but with all my pet experiences, (our family dog was introduced to the household when I was 4 or 5), I have never known an animal to expire from the onset of heart disease related to high cholesterol derived from fatness. It's not like they hit the Mickey D's hard!

My dream scenario is this: a very large and docile chubster lives in my library, equipped with a leather couch, a fireplace, and many bookshelves for the cat to play amongst. Fitting, no? I think it is quite so. Witness Watson, the cat of a couple of designers, and his comfortable Fat Cat lifestyle: THANKSGIVING. SO FULL, SO FAT.

Watson also knows the joys of library lounging, and shares my love of all things Halloween. This is most acceptable to me: HALLOWEEN, HAPPY.

Now, without further ado, I bring to you, dear readers, some choice selections of Fat Cat videos, in celebration of their awesomeness. 

It's hip to be furry!


Will work for food: 


What would a fat cat be without a couch potato lifestyle?


Seriously, though, I still need a dog for outdoor activities. I mean, this cat just does absolutely nothing, deserving of banishment to my fantasy library. Scat, cat! 

This specimen earns major points for fatness, laziness, and overall cuteness:


Eat like a champ, because if you don't, they will.