Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Walk in the Park: Hurricane Sandy



Tuesday afternoon: I went out to see what I could see, with thoughts of a photographic series about the effects of Hurricane Sandy. The neighborhood was crowded with office workers home for the day, as I headed up the hill towards Prospect Park. I realized we were very lucky, in regards to possible storm damage.


The park itself was overrun with people filled with a tense excitement, like spectators at the aftermath of a crime scene. The yellow tape around the downed trees only enhanced the impression further. 


In the face of all this gawking, I quickly turned on my heels to leave, but not before I noticed the beauty of autumn in the park. Today, as businesses and people work towards a return to normal, it's reassuring to see signs that life goes on.  

Have a great day, New York.