Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Around the Way: Houses



Park Slope is blessed with a literate, educated and creative community who gives back all the time, in so many ways. I was researching a piece on "eccentric" houses for another site that views our town as tourist fare, when it struck me that I don't consider our homes odd or weird at all. 

The homes I see are simply more signs of the fun, rich, vibrant life our neighbors bring to this area, which makes it such a great place to live. If we wanted the dull sameness of cul-de-sacs and suburbs, we'd be living there, right? Instead of seeing our city through the eyes of an outsider, I see signs of life everywhere I look, and that makes me proud to call Brooklyn my home. 
 


As you walk around your hometown today, what do you see in your neighborhood that makes you smile when you see it? That great feeling you get means you're home :)
 It's Tuesday yo!