Monday, November 19, 2012

Around the Way: Gaslight Lamps


The gaslight lamps of historic Brooklyn.
If you've never seen gaslight lamps flickering cheerily 
in the purple dusk of a waning day, I can't tell you how beautiful a sight it is, because it's something you have to see for yourself. 
My town has them in abundance, and with time they became a symbol of hearth and home to me. 

After the brutally bratty boardroom battles in The Matrix of Manhattan, I can't tell you what a relief it is to walk through the warmth of our streets homeward-bound. I can actually feel my muscles loosen as I relax on my walk home from the subway. 

Who wouldn't want to come home to something as wonderful as this? What do you see every day that reminds you of home? Because those are the very things you'll miss when you're away.