Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Dream Car


Can you guess what this is?

When I was a little girl, Mailbu Barbie's dream car was THE BOMB. 
It's as true today as it was back in the day, as evidenced by this scene (and others) from the "Toy Story" series of movies:

http://www.pixar-planet.fr/dossiers/repliques/capture/ts2/19.jpg
"Tour Guide" Barbie gets all the guys AND Ken, yo!

I had other cars I really liked, like the one described in a Nancy Drew series of green cloth-bound books that my mom borrowed from her cousin Nina, so I could read them all. Nancy Drew had a little red Miata that she tooled around in, solving crimes and beating traffic (and criminals) with her boyfriend Ted, going from book form to movies, and groovy 70s t.v. shows:

http://www.nancydrewsleuth.com/window1a.jpg
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/belongings-nancy-drew-author-auctioned-sunday-toledo-article-1.1540850

I also liked "Herbie, The Love Bug" as a kid, but in real life nothing beat the good ole sex appeal of an American-made Mustang, because it's hot and cool at the same time. Like so much in my life, it was no surprise when I saw one parked in the lot next door, colored a light yellow that almost matches a certain Dutch farmhouse on a street named after a boy named Henry. It's perfect for me, n'est-ce pas? 


It's got a cute lil' nose, right? Such nice personality for a car!

Happy motoring out there today, friends. It's finally warm enough to take the top down and drive around, in beautiful New York state. Enjoy the ride!

What else, but a Mustang in pale yellow with removable hard top?