Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Kids Books


Oh, "Peter Rabbit"! I loved this one, and it's Easter, too! Cute bun-buns.

My first love has always been children's books. Do you know John Roberts' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Roberts_%28actor%29) "Mitty Moo" character, or his "Mom voice" from Bob's Burgers? No?! Well, if you're from New York, you should get in on that, because once you have the accent down pat, imagine any story being read to you with that kind of voice when you were a kid. I know, I know! 
It's outrageous, funny, and weird, which is the ultimate good fable.


Such bad squirrels! Jumping up and down on the trains' seats...

I love going back to my bookcase to look through my books. It's like a room full of warm, loving friends who had awesome, interesting experiences and the gift to tell it to you in the most entertaining fashion. It's the best feeling ever, so even though I have a crazy dysfunctional "New Yawk" family, I also have the steadying influence of a thousand rich voices to guide me along the way. As an artist, I know I'm never really alone, especially when I was a small lil Acadian girl trying to make her way on her own.


Hey! I marked this book as my own as a girl. Cool!
 
The greatest gift you can give children is a lifetime love of books and reading, for those times when the people around them fail (and they will), they will have what they need inside them to make it through. Because, dear readers, that's exactly what I did.

 See you soon between the stacks.


I learned my "ABC's and 1,2,3's" with these books.
Another bunny rabbit! What a strange Easter coincidence...
...and I'm still counting crows, too....hmmm.
Yay! A birthday cake! Ooo, the number "8". That's fun to draw...

...and I read each one cover to cover, many times over. See?