Thursday, April 9, 2015

Early Spring (April 2015)


Wow! It's actually warm this early in the day. Nice.

We've had some significant temperature drops this week: one day it's sunny and warm, the next day it's a frigid return to winter. It can be hard to retain your faith about better days ahead (not that I view weather or seasons as inherently "bad", but it is a useful metaphor for feelings), but on one gloriously early morning last week, I felt more alive than I had in awhile.  

While I walked to the corner store for a cup of coffee, the sun rose to full effect, coloring the trees and buildings a golden shade of pink, as a chorus of lively birds flew around quickly, like a safari scene staged just for me. It felt great! I breathed it all in, that sweetness and magic, as I hope now that my pictures here give you a bit of the feeling that I have. It's my natural joie de vive and it endures, just like my faith. Have fun today!


Here comes the sun.
Absolutely gorgeous light today.
Look at all these crisscross lines in the sky!
A gentle subtle pink turns to light blue and then some.
What a sky today! Glad I ran out of coffee so I can see this.
A dividing line in the sky.
The dictionary definition of "chiaroscuro" on a humble electrical pole.
A riot of colors shot through the sky.
Trees lining up to spectacular effect.
A big old yellow house on the hill meets the morning sky.
Do you see what I see?
A stand of trees against the sky.
Silhouette of trees against morning light.
Three crows perched on a tree.
Two clouds side by side, gliding through the sky.