Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Olds


Dang, what an odd-colored clunker...wait, what is that on the hood?

I saw this rusty gem of a car in the grocery store's parking lot, and it immediately caught my eye. I haven't seen this color green, well, ever. Up close, it didn't disappoint me either. It's a real deal vintage item. 
The hood ornament caught my attention, too. I walked closer, playing a guessing game with myself about the type of car it might be. The lines aren't great, and that color was phased out of production a long time ago, that's for sure.


Olds like an old skool jam. What kind of green is that?!

I was surprised to see that the manufacturer was Oldsmobile. Whoa...I've never seen an Olds like this before. Check out the maker's mark! It's fancy, stylish, and daintily decorative, but I don't know. Looking at my photos, something doesn't fit, like someone mounted it on the hood of a junker with some concrete-type adhesive, but who knows? Maybe it was a minor production run that was flawed, or the owner just liked an old-fashioned hood ornament, but one thing is for certain; there's not one car out there like it, and being unique in this crowded world is a form of winning in my book.  It's a great logo.

Can you guess what year this ornament is from? Find out here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-1987-1988-Oldsmobile-Cutlass-Ciera-Chrome-Hood-Ornament-emblem-22514810-/331522636118.