Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cooking with (No) Gas


Endive and pear salad
Lately my weight is more than I am used to. I've incorporated weight lifting into a routine that alternates elliptical workouts with bag training and swimming. I like the added muscle, because it gives my joints a feeling of stability and solidity, but I can't help feeling bulky, which I am unused to. This new part of my training has also fired up my appetite and given me some powerful food cravings. 

So it's scale back time, with lots of fruit, veggies, and popcorn, for the extra fiber content, which imparts a feeling of fullness. And since I'm a hardcore foodie, it must be done well. Yesterdays' lunch was an endive and organic D'anjou pear salad, with sliced onions and chopped Applegate Farms roasted turkey breast, a drizzle of honey, salt and pepper, and a dash of fat free Italian dressing. Next time I'll skip the dressings, so I can simply relish the freshness of the ingredients. Nothing else is required, really. Bon appetit!