Thursday, October 24, 2013

Old Cars

Old Chevy truck.
I'm not a big car nut by any means, but there's one type of vehicle that always makes me stop, and that's a classic car. There's something about the lines I respond to. And it's not just cars; this old truck was the coolest thing I've seen in awhile. I'd love to tool around town in this thing. It says whoever drives it is down. 

Made for truckin'.
Like, "I'm a farmer who's been around since the early 60s, when there was nothing but corn fields around here, sonny. You're a newcomer." How much fun would it be to see a drive-in with this here thing? A rootin tootin' kind of fun, kiddo. I'd love to pile up some pumpkins and hay in the back, and I don't even have a farm.

Check out my grill front.
The hood was open the day before, sitting in the parking lot of a local garage, so I got a good look at the works. There's a long, narrow gas tank in the front, and the original fan (rusted out, of course) sits right behind the grill to cool the engine off. The interior was tight, too: still the same upholstery on the seats, with the all the old-fashioned knobs intact. I know it's not practical to have an old timer like this in the driveway, but compared to the generic Corolla's and Hyundai's of the world, there's just nothing funkier than a joint that looks like this. '69 Mustang? I'm there. That's my year.

I'm a road trip kind of trekker. You?