Friday, March 29, 2013

Toys: The Easter Edition


The biggest Catholic holiday we have also ushered in a host of good things for us as children: warmer weather, flowers, and Easter candy. Just like with Christmas, we eventually figured out that our Easter Bunny was our Mom, who, over the years, became less adept at hiding, in direct proportion to our prowess as hunters. Easter egg hunts became fierce.

I remember the day when Mom asked me for something in dad's closet, and I found the big tell-tale straw basket instead, stuffed with goodies like chocolate eggs and bunny rabbit toys. Instead of being angry, upset, or disappointed, I actually felt relieved that the bringer of happy things was my own Mom. Well, of course it was.

I found this gorgeous selection of more naturally made animal toys at my kick butt local store in the Slope, Little Things. As much as I love stylised cartoons, I couldn't help but think I would have vastly preferred a real looking rabbit like this one as a little girl, over standard drugstore fare.

Happy Easter, and shield this one from the kids ;)