Monday, August 6, 2012


seasonal red peppers
Peppers are in season, of many varieties and colors. These bright red ones looked so fresh and crisp, I couldn't resist. Look at that color! Naturally rich and vibrant, they form a palette worthy of any artist who seeks inspiration.

fried eggs in pepper rings
I see many different styles of egg cups making the food blog rounds, including vegetable ones. It's a great way to get another serving of fruit and/or vegetables into your morning breakfast. More ideas! My fridge was full of eggs and peppers....why not give it a go?

pepper egg ring with whole wheat bread
I used extra large sized eggs, which didn't quite fit within my pepper rings. The egg whites runneth over and under, but they still tasted glorious. By the time the eggs cook, the peppers have already softened and caramelized along their edges. Yesterday I saw a picture of baked eggs in avocado. Stay tuned.