Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas in New York


Marriage proposal on ice, 2010
Yesterday I went into Midtown, visiting St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center. Rock Center is famed worldwide for its enormous Christmas tree, which typically comes from the tri-state area. Last year I saw a marriage proposal on ice, and I immediately caught the Christmas spirit. This years' sightseeing had the same effect upon me, though the crowds can be daunting. Sidewalks fill with school kids going to see The Radio City Christmas Spectacular, while tourists flock to the sites, crowding the views. I navigated it successfully, fortified by a big street vendor pretzel and chocolate from Dylan's Candy Bar.

St. Patrick's Cathedral, © Marie Doucette
Figure in Pew, © Marie Doucette
Altar to St. Andrew, © Marie Doucette
Angels of Rockefeller Center, © Marie Doucette
Ice-skating Santa, © Marie Doucette
Rockefeller Center, © Marie Doucette

 Enjoy the sites!