Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Greatest Hits - The Simpsons

Many of my readers know I'm a big Simpson's fan. There's jokes and references for the pop culturally savvy to chew on for years. The gags just don't get old. Part of what makes it classic is impeccable comic timing, brilliant writing, and the key addition of music. I remember watching Barry White on an episode and thinking to myself "This is the best show I've ever seen." Still do. "The Man" has blocked much of the English-language Simpsons clips from the internets, so we get bonus EspaƱol. It's like a Bumblebee Man sketch from Channel Ocho:



I was in college when The Ramones still toured heavily. One year, me and my friend caught a show in the basketball stadium of Providence College, with a GabbaGabbaHey ending and everything. Needless, when The Ramones appeared on The Simpsons, it solidified our fandom for life.



Ever had a wacky Mexican holiday? The campers from Kamp Krusty did, as payback for one of the worst experiences ever. The kids went Lord of the Flies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_Flies), and it is awesome. Ultimately, it's nothing a little Tequila and Tijuana can't fix.


Hey, it's Tuesday! 
When's your next holiday?