Friday, May 3, 2013

Art: The Scream

The Scream, at MoMa.

Edvard Munch was mental, y'all. I got that right away looking at his work up close for myself, and frankly, I'm tired of the whole crazy artist schtick. Maybe back in the day it sold tickets to the freak show but honestly, me and my friends could not perform at the level we do as often as we do if we were totally bat shit insane. Not to mention that his technqiue looked about as interesting as opening a box of crayons and telling the doctor where it hurts. Yeesh.

Novelty acts are great fun and all, but the true test of endurance comes with consistency paired with craft, and there are no shortcuts. My big secret (which is no secret at all) is that I go to bed at a decent hour so I can get plenty of rest, so I can wake up early the next day and do it again....and again....and again. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

And also, Da Vinci rules. That is all.