Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nature: Bunny Rabbits!

Rainy day, young bunny rabbit
Two adorable young rabbits have taken up residence near the dwelling where I currently reside, and it couldn't be more charming. Both had short little "bun bun" ears (Yes, I do squeal to no one in particular when I see them, "BUN BUN!") when I arrived, which have lengthened and scarred as they aged over several weeks. A larger bunny developed a tear lengthwise, and another has a small indent on its' previously perfect baby ear. 

Neither seem afraid of humans or cars or artificial noises, proving that nature becomes infinitely adaptable despite human encroachment. One night as we watched them rest close to us, cleaning, grooming, and almost sleeping as they pressed into the ground, it was a comforting thought to turn over in my mind, sitting on the balcony: that nature endures and always prevails, one way or another.