Friday, January 27, 2012

Best Musicals



As a genre, musicals are not high on my list of favorites. I start getting into the narrative, and then BOOM! someone abruptly breaks into song, with hand gestures and dance moves. Annoying and quite frankly, kinda terrifying. Homies, ya feel me on this one? Like, if someone did that on the train, you'd switch cars, right? Word. But, if it's in the interest of parody, (see also: Team America, World Police) then I am so down. http://mariedoucette.blogspot.com/search/label/Team%20America%20World%20Police
Before the genius of puppet sex, (And you know you wanted to see how that worked. Remember when Barbie dolls came of age in your household? Good times. My Ken, while stylish, was definitely hetero.) Matt Stone and Trey Parker composed the brilliant movie South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. Yes, I own the soundtrack and so should you, but if not, then take a listen to a song or two. Please note: not suitable for the kiddies. Sorry, folks.


I defy you to get "I'm Super!" out of your head today. "Skittles!" Next up, a nod to the French Resistance. When in doubt, shout it out: Blame Canada!


Sure, war is a bummer and all, but what would World Champion and Olympic figure skater Brian Boitano do? I've wondered about that, as have the boys from South Park, Colorado.


Okay, okay Brian Boitano has the answers to thwart world domination, but what if the moms in town go mad with power and bloodlust? Sing, dammit, sing! Sing your little hearts out.


Jazz hands...yeah. Rough times at the playground, where many a battle has taken place. Catchy, isn't it? It's a tough world out there, but at least we can still laugh about it. Stay safe this weekend.