Monday, October 8, 2012

Crap.


Thus ends another campaign for advances. So, how did it go? Why, I'm so glad you asked! It was better than the last two but still pretty fucking horrible. I had to put in waayyyyy more time than your average 9-5er (like I always do) and it still wasn't worth my time. But that's how it goes for the seemingly "lucky" ones among us. You give more than you get and by doing so, you push everyone forward.

For transparency's sake, I made a handy progress report for the haters. You know what I have say about that. It rhymes with "duck" and ends with you! Let's proceed, shall we?

Some of you acted out immaturely and peevishly, 
some of you were rude, petty, and nasty,
some of you were abusive and/or selfish, 
some of you wanted revenge and/or my attention, 
some of you had good intentions but lacked the wherewithal to execute an action properly (especially on a deadline, tsk tsk), 
some of you gave an increasingly bizarre set of justifications,
and finally, some of you chose to ignore and disconnect from the work, albeit horribly and awkwardly so, just in like real life! 

But that's the wonderful thing about art and design, isn't it? Our innate nature reveals itself, forcing the essence of who we are to the surface. How wonderfully illuminating it all is, isn't it?  Well, more for you than for me, let's be honest. So. Today begins a new day with another chapter. Let's improve upon it by moving ever onward and upward together. I'm already looking ahead to the next campaign! Bye, PubSlush. Nice to have met you.