Friday, May 18, 2012

Cooking with Gas


 
Toast cups made the rounds among food blogs this week, inspiring me to give it a try. 
It's so easy, I can't believe 
I didn't think of it before.


Prep work is as simple as greasing up a muffin pan, and shaping the bread to fit the mold. Whatever else you add is up to you. I cracked an egg, laid down a crisscross of American cheese, and seasoned them all with salt and pepper.

You'll have to experiment with your oven to get eggs to the right kind of doneness. Since this was my first time, I did a basic 350° oven for about 20-25 minutes. After a 5-10 minute cool down on the stovetop, the cups popped out easily with light pressure. Mine came out cooked completely through, like a hard boiled egg. Next time I'll keep them in less, to get a soft boiled egg with runny yolk.  
Enjoy experimenting in your kitchen this weekend.