Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sense of Snow

An empty road during a snow storm is a good thing.
We've been vacillating between frigid snow and freezing rain to warm Spring-like days that melt it all away, in a dangerous guessing game of highs and lows that Climate Change Luddites still do not acknowledge as part of the times we live in. 

Snow-covered pavilion.
After a bus ride to the city the day before our last big snowstorm, the driver and I chatted about weather, and he asked me if I liked the snow. I'm Acadian; I love snow in at least twenty different ways for over twenty different reasons, each subtle and unique, but not for traveling long distances on crowded highways, especially commuting to a job that's not worth the price of a life. 

Snow, then freezing rain.
My new friend agreed with me as I wished him safe driving before heading out the bus doors. Snow is beautiful to look at, and it can be hell to drive in, but he, like me, is well-informed about the terrain. It's a fact of life we accept by showing a healthy respect for Mother Nature. Here's some of my views over the past few weeks that's part of a visual diary about having a sense of snow. More to come.