Monday, January 14, 2013

Green to go!

Ever on the search for green and affordable products, I decided to try a commercial deodorant I found at a local drugstore that carries a wide range of ethnic imports, which makes it a fun place to explore. I'd read that continued use of baking soda and cornstarch, while very effective for curbing bacteria and odor, could lead to irritation, and such was my case. It felt like itchy razor burn under my arms!

This new product "Herbal Clear Naturally!" satisfied my needs on all levels: completely natural, no aluminum or artificial ingredients, and the price was a deliriously low $2.50, much better than the other popular brands on the shelf that contain harmful chemicals. Score!!

I'd also wanted to try a homemade face scrub idea that I'd read about online, of a lemon half sprinkled with sugar. The exfoliation from the sugar would remove dead skin cells on the surface, allowing the citric acid to zap pours. Well, I had limes in the fridge and brown sugar in the pantry, so that's what I went with yesterday morning before my bath. It worked really, really well as an exfoliating scrub, so if you have a citrus fruit and a gritty type of sugar on hand, go for it! Be healthy and natural on a budget.