Thursday, August 25, 2011

Boo! In book form!




I first discovered Boo while surfing the advertising links within my facebook page, tailored to my interests by my own hand, because the application allows the user to define their marketing experience by giving us options for the types of ads we like to see. Obviously, I'm a huge dog fan. An example of niche marketing at its best.

When I first found Boos' fan page, he had about 200,000 fans. Within a week, it grew by a hundred thousand. I just checked his page and the number, as of today, stands at 1,531,860. A massive fan base indeed.

What makes him so lovable? He is the cutest little doggie, that's true, but I think his appeal also lies within his personality, which is very funny, and the outfits selected with care by his loving owner, along with gorgeous photography.



This is my kind of celebrity. Boo is famous for simply being an adorable animal we all respond to in the best possible way, revealing our genetically-driven compatibility for dogs. After all, we humans evolved along the same evolutionary track as our canine companions. They have been our best friends and helpers for eons.

Because of this deep-seated connection, we respond to Boo with the best part of our nature, in the kindest and most gentle way. We can sense the owners' spirit as well—she took the first opportunities for exposure to re-direct her fans attentions to charitable events and causes, with Boo serving as a furry figure-head.

Savvy, smart, and beneficent. Quite the illuminator indeed. Well done!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m2BCU40I0YHIOW/ref=ent_fb_link