Monday, March 21, 2016

Reach Out, Touch Faith


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Jesus

Because I write so often about faith, to the point of its inclusion in this sites' subtitle, I've attracted a dedicated group of disordered onlookers who like to pretend (as an aggressive strategy) that "holy" means "magic healing pod", even though I've written that this clearly is not the case: http://mariedoucette.blogspot.com/2015/09/cocoon.html. It doesn't stop certain types of addicts from pursuing a malignant agenda with me anyway, because like cancer, addictive disorders afflict the good, the bad, the ugly, and the indifferent. If you're an asshole as a drunk, you're still a dick, just someone with a really great excuse.

We even had a host of handy little equations for easy discernment at our parties, broken down as such: Instant Asshole = Just Add Alcohol. Simple, right? You'd be amazed by the amount of jerks we outed through basic human responses like "looking", coupled with an amazing deductive process called "observation". My best friend and I went to school readily equipped with a pocketful of quickly digestible phrases that we'd distribute around our gatherings to the benefit of our friends in attendance, a set of hard-working New York natives we wanted to protect, so we could all have a relaxing night of fun, with great tunes, great food, and great drinks to ease our stress.

Of course, our good times became a target, too, as we learned that evil people with learning impairments need a constant stream of cute "tips" and repetitive tidbits for understanding the human condition, seeing as psychotics are dependent on healthy people to provide guidance and balance for them, though often without the acknowledgment of such, because that would be open and transparent, and if you're a parent who huffs children like they're your personal medicine cabinet, then you already get my drift, without the overly subtle cues (wink, wink). Our happiness and peace of mind were things some of our families went to great lengths to sabotage, especially if your children work all those difficult and demanding jobs that pay for your medical benefits. Get it?

In the interest of their self-interest, the sickest people in our codependent families became awkwardly weird spies, using a bevy of strangely paranoid behaviors and robotic movements to "glean" what they could have learned much easier for the asking, but that would signal their dependence upon us, and if you're a self-described asshole, then that just won't do. We became adept at feeling out other people's agendas in record speeds, so we could move on to the real jobs we had that are indeed challenging, let alone become primary to someone with several serious brain disorders.

It didn't stop suckers from trying to leech off of us anyway, but it did make it a much more difficult gauntlet to run, like playing a game they could never win, hence the justification for all that supposed frustration leading up to our abuse, in an insanely childish cycle of petulance and lashing out that marks the continually untreated psychotic. It gave our parents the ammo they needed to build up secret grudges that only they knew about, with oddly described rituals about our weather here that "they" always get "wrong", in these obliquely vague references to weather and meteorology that did not mark an understanding of their advanced degrees in science, dearly paid for by our working class grandparents and the city of New York. For what, actually? This same ritualistic back-and-forth?

Compulsions became hunting forays we'd lay traps for, often without even realizing it, adept as we were at self-defense. Most of my friends and all of my siblings (and their kids) have belt ranking in martial arts, as a necessary reflection of the daily trappings we could undo, if we felt like exposing someone again....and then again, and....OK! Once more loudly!! It became this retarded card trick of pissing us off so we'd leave them alone in their nervous fretting, so they could turn to comfortingly repetitive behaviors that soothe aggravated souls. It wasn't our problem, and yet somehow it still was (especially in our absences, when we were at our most productive = stage a scene to get attention, and/or conduct a total communication block-out including any and all modern devices), and we knew it was wrong.

Here at this public library (and laundromat, or the local grocery store, in particular drug stores dispensing legal addictions in handy pill form), I reenact these old classmate routines with a mature ennui that signifies my acceptance of your disorder...again. Much like immediate family, they learn to either get with the program or leave, and so I type to you blessedly free of a twitchy emaciated addict with bad breath sitting next to me, behaving as if I'm their fix du jour, because I'm not. They always snap to, because you really have to, one way or another. Sometimes it's either "do or die", as it's purposefully set up by a drama queen with nothing to lose but their unhealthy mindset (real medicine...oh, the horror!), given the moral problems most stubborn psychos pretend to have with "authority", which really means obeying normal laws, like any other citizen complies with, like I do.

Currently, the local crazies like to get as close to me as possible without touching me, like when I'm sitting in a chair at a public computer with Internet access (because that would be overtly actionable by law, in front of lots of cameras in place), so they take turns grazing the back of my neck with their falsely hurried, brushed-by breezes (because, you know, at a small town library, that's the right pace for a part-time government job...uh, no), or they leave notes for each other in garbage pails placed strategically around the room, or they lurk near me pretending to browse (that's an easy trick to pull off, though), or there's just that one out of place mouse pad that needs straightening up right next to my workstation, so they can get an up-close look at my progress onscreen. Like my other vanquished library foe "Michelle the Hat" (http://mariedoucette.blogspot.com/2015/10/michelle-hat.html), I always seem to win these ho-hum "reindeer games" that some of my public insists on projecting through me, as a magnet for their madness.

You should put on your thinking caps, though, because time is running out! "Michelle the Hat" got so far as barely fingering the intentionally fringed sleeve edge to one of my summertime tops a few years ago (and she had to read my work closely to do that little, by muttering my phrase back to me as a justification, in a hastily delivered mutter "perfect in its imperfection" which I previously published as a line, so I knew she was reading me every day...AHA!), and that had to be done in haste before anyone else caught on to it, like the subversively secretive, evil, ugly, little dyke that she really is, because this here mama knows all the ploys you play daily. Unless you're my man, I ain't gonna let you touch me (and no, I don't have "issues" with normal human touch. Nice try, though, Elvis!), so if you aren't truly ailing, you most definitely won't be healed with some casual proximity to me, because I'm not your personal Jesus statue to play with. Bitch.

Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus Lyrics

Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who cares
Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who's there

Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
I'll make you a believer

Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess
I will deliver
You know i'm a forgiver

Reach out and touch faith
Reach out and touch faith

Your own personal Jesus...
Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
I'll make you a believer

I will deliver
You know I'm a forgiver

Reach out and touch faith
Your own personal Jesus
Reach out and touch faith
Songwriters: GORE, MARTIN LEE
Personal Jesus lyrics © EMI Music Publishing