Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Compassionate Farming

Rat's are people, too, albeit without the large primate brain, but whatevs.

You know by now that I spent some time in college as a "Vegetarian", at the request of my well-meaning but somewhat learning-impaired college buddies. It was fine but not for me, and how could it be? 
The Werewolves of my culture eat a modern diet of brown rice, raw meat, and chicken, over a traditional Arctic diet of seal meat and blubber, with maybe a handful of grains thrown into the mix as a binder, for the type of variety that passes for the very short growing season that is the North Land from whence I sprang, but I digress. I tried it, and I lack the cultural dietary biology that is required to be a weepy hippie. I just can't do it, without significant lethargy and weight gain. 

But, I can say that I did try it, however briefly that was, with secret hamburger cheats monthly, per my Werewolf Lunar Phases. It left me with a pronounced awareness about the types of foods I consume. 
Of course, my over-dramatic roommates coped with college stress through the wide pamphleteering of bunny rabbits with sore eyes from cosmetics, but I had already agreed to it through my security deposit, which was essentially signing off on their cause. Uh, point taken, gentle person. No need for more graphic photos. Since then, I've kept a toe in the water of their culture, through periodic meatless fasting (as is my faith's regular practice through our most holiest times), and for my own sense about keeping up balanced good health, one that I've worked really hard to develop, maintain, and sustain.

I call this "Hippie Dreamland" for its suggested psychedelic super-powers.

I also love "freebies", like any other great housewife on a limited budget, which led me to receive in the mail a series of charmingly produced but somewhat irrational comic books, aimed at recruiting children to "The Cause". Like any good cult, there's some well-meaning intent about considering animals compassionately, and then there's stuff so bat-shit insane, no teacher worth her weight in salt would ever ethically distribute such obvious fucking tripe to her kids. The simple fact is, as much as we all love cute furry animals, most other lifeforms on this planet do not live as long as us, notwithstanding certain Joshua trees in remote desert climes, or giant tortoises that live deep in the cold ocean water, but those are stories for other beautiful days, like this gorgeous Fall one of 2015.

Look, we get it. Don't abuse animals. Treat them with compassion, empathy, and great understanding, to make up for the gap in their consciousness that they did not create. If you can love those lives that depend on you, even without their explicit understanding, it shows the world who you are and what you do when no one is watching. Obviously, if you hit your dog, you're a total pile of human dog shit. Don't do that. Don't mercilessly box farm animals in, starving them unnecessarily and depriving them of sunlight and fresh air. Don't poke and prod at them like they're your fucking personal Frankenstein "Lab of Horrors", just because you feel like you can abuse creatures when no one else is watching, because you're some big swinging dick of a man. There are dicks far bigger than yours out there, and they are watching. Got it? Good!

In the meantime, here's a really great list of ethical farms that "Mommy Marie" (that's me) follows on social media. Enjoy the new world order, friends! I feel fine, don't you? There's no more delusional fantasies about make-believe psychedelic chicken super powers, or strangely human farm animals that trip out on butterflies in the sky, anymore; just the plain simple awesome truth about All of Creation. Join me there, in the here and NOW. We love animals, too.