Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Spider's Web




Small town life is different than the city. "Gotham" is all about money and the "go, go, go" energy of our sometimes misspent youth. It's easy to get caught up in the exciting merry-go-round of "new, NOW, Next!", but for every time there's a season and a reason. Circumstances led me back here, and I am not sorry for it. Rockland is easy for me to manage. I know it because I feel it, and the kids I grew up with now run stuff, too. 

We can get anywhere we need to be very quickly, to put out those fires and chase away "the baddies". This area has become the perfect microcosm for us to patrol, manage, problem-solve, and ultimately, rule over. If we do it right here (at this scale and this level), we can expand it into a growing sphere that enfolds the larger world, which is the exact type of change we talked about growing up. It's become an organic thing that ripples out whenever we want it to, because we grew it, nursed it, and brought it back to health. WE ARE ALIVE.

It's also a lot easier to catch flies in a spider's web than it is to fly around the world setting up snares, which is something me and my crew learned early on, in our individual lives that we talked about together, because we'd be bankrupt twenty times over if we followed along with everything that seriously dead-ended any kook coming before us. 

And so this visual metaphor about a team of spiders weaving perfectly overlapping triangles has become the mental landscape me and my friends created, using what we had at hand: a tightly interwoven network that is flexible, tensile, adaptable, extremely strong, and unbreakable. We will move forward, and you're all coming along for the ride. Strap yourself in!





Don't be fooled by an empty-looking country road in a valley that's filled with the swirling mists from one very dangerous river; it ain't what it seems to be. You can trust me on that, because your bank just went out of business forever. Today (and every other day) we take back the land, for it is ours. This is just the beginning. Join us. 


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206227577064507&set=gm.1685789014982523&type=1&theater