Monday, November 25, 2013

On the Mend

$.99 Halloween candy.
The first cold of the season I catch comes right on the heel of fall allergies. It's a long bout initially, but after that bad brush up, I tend to be set for the rest of the winter, minus a cold here and there. So, what did I do? I read some, but I find I lack the proper attention span when I'm really down and out for the count. Thanks to a WiFi connect, I used my iPhone to surf while flat on my back for a few weeks. It was a fruitful journey. 
The Nature Conservancy's magazine.

I caught up with Game of Thrones and some of True Blood, played video games (won a belt in Bejeweled Blitz!), searched online for a new place to live, took breaks to eat and occasionally shower, going out only to get groceries, leftover Halloween candy, and new fuzzy slippers, and take a look at an apartment that didn't pan out. In the meantime, my hair grew and grew, like something out of a fable.
Mother of All Dragons.
Then, last weekend, I broke with my health rules to drink some very strong caffeinated green tea, so I could stay up and watch the fights for UFC 167. It was a wild ride, just like my illnesses tend to be: not often, but violent, and going the distance. I'm still working my way back to a 100%. Stay tuned.