Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Looking to Roost























This shot was a total surprise for me. I was with a friend, walking through Prospect Park, who pointed out this bridge, and thought it's beautiful structure might be a good possibility for a photo.

It was only afterwards, as I was editing shots, that I noticed I had caught a perfect moment in time; a bird in flight with it's wings in a blur of motion.

There were lots of birds in a flurry of activity that day. It was one of those gloriously sunny and blooming days of spring; red-wing blackbirds, cardinals, jays, robins, and naturally to any cityscape, the ever-present pigeon, were everywhere. I think this is a red-wing blackbird.

As anyone who likes and practices photography knows (either professionally or as a hobby), "happy accidents" are always welcome.